GDPR and Data Protection Advice Workshops with Solicitors Title
Details of our Practical Workshops on GDPR (The General Data Protection Regulation) can be found on Eventbrite – see below. Feedback from sessions undertaken to-date have been positive, including:
“Really useful information making it easier to understand obligations under GDPR. Great to have an interactive workshop rather than a lecture!”
“The clearest explanation around GDPR and where to start with compliance I have heard yet. Thank you.”
“Really useful and busted a few myths! I now feel able to tell my clients more about what they need to do. Confident to recommend Solicitors Title.”
“Excellent; nicely focussed on the issues. Relaxed presentation approach enabling interactive conversation.”
“An excellent presentation; Richard was very clear and concise and made the subject very interesting.”
“The session helped to put what has been considerable hype and mis-information into perspective. I also believe there are many companies doing very little in our field so in complying we will be more efficient, protecting our customers’ needs.”
“Seminar very informative and being able to discuss in a small group, providing an easy, simple understanding of how to actually move forward with both legal and IT.”
Eventbrite GDPR Workshop Dates:
Our work in relation to data management, includes:
- Advising on the practical implications of GDPR, assessing data that you hold, personal data, data minimization, subject access requests (SARs), data transfers and data portability, breach management and risk analysis.
- Advising on internal policies, staff handbooks and training requirements under new data protection obligations.
- Managing data controller / data processor relationships – contractual obligations, communications and recommended best approach, including outsourcing and cloud services.
- Advice to Data Processors on their enhanced obligations and potential liabilities under GDPR; managing data controller and data processor relationships and contractual obligations.
- Reviewing data protection provisions in commercial contracts – see Contract Advice.
- Reviewing data protection provisions in corporate transactions, including under share and asset sales – warranties, disclosure, due diligence and financial/indemnity risks.
- Data protection notices, privacy policies, cookie policies, advice in relation to consent, marketing and data capture – see Online Trading and E-Commerce
- Advising in relation to online trading, e-commerce and in particular the requirements under the Electronic Commerce (EC Directive) Regulations 2002, plans for a new E-commerce regulation and the Digital Economy Act 2017 – again see Online Trading and E-Commerce.
- Advising marketeers on best practice, data capture, opt-in and (prohibited) opt-out consent, including how to handle bought-in lists and consent, under the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 1993.