10 Wake Up Calls That Tell You To Sort Out Your Finances
Have you started getting a feeling that maybe your money isn’t in the best health and that you should really start doing something about it? If so, here are 10 signs that your money needs sorting out sooner, rather than later:
- You’ve reached a landmark age and you are thinking more seriously about your future. Ages 40, 50 and 60 tend to be times when people start to re-evaluate their lives. There is no reason why a round number age should be more important than 39, 49 or 59 but the psychology of a round number seems to make us want to take action.
- You’ve received a statement from your pension provider and you’ve noticed how little your annual pension income is projected to be.
- Your mortgage company has written to you about a looming repayment date and you’ve still not worked out how you are going to pay off the balance.
- Your colleague from work is about to retire and it’s made you realise how far off the prospect of you retiring feels.
- You are arranging a care home for your mum or dad and it’s left you wondering how you will be able to afford it when you get to their age.
- Your children have flown the nest but it feels like they only just started school. Life is going past in the blink of an eye so you need to make the most of the time you have to grow your wealth then enjoy it.
- A friend has unexpectedly passed away and it is has left you starkly aware of the fragility of life. Do you really want to be working longer than you absolutely need to?
- You find yourself sitting in a traffic jam on the daily commute and you can’t get rid of the nagging feeling that you’ve had enough of all this.
- Your boss is younger than you and your colleagues are starting to annoy you. Work is just not as rewarding as it once was.
- You feel like you’ve lost your mojo and need to do something more fulfilling.
https://neliganfinancial.co.uk/wake-up-calls/ If any of these have started the alarm bells ringing you might like to start by reading these guides for sorting out your money and your life.