Grow Exeter | Jan 9, 2019 | 0
Title: IT Support Technician
Salary: up to £20k
As the IT Support Technician, your role will be to provide IT support to the Franchise Network and Head office. The office is one that is lively so you will certainly need to someone who can work within a positive and professional, but sometimes hectic, environment. The company does offer full support to all their employees and for this role a training and personal development plan will certainly be discussed and agreed with you.
The role has a lovely mixture of face to face support for those in head office, but you will also help franchisees on a remote basis – you certainly won’t be bored!
As IT Support Technician your responsibilities will include:
- Provide face to face and telephone 1st line support for all IT issues and requests from Head Office and Franchise staff
- Provide 1st line support for the company’s bespoke applications (office management ERP, intranet and other bespoke franchise support applications)
- Install and configure new phones, computer hardware, operating systems and software as required for Head Office
- Troubleshoot Head Office phone, system and network problems, diagnosing and solving hardware/software faults
- Set up new user accounts and profiles and deal with password issues via the company’s bespoke applications and Microsoft AD/Office 365
- Escalate issues and requests to 2nd and 3rd line support where necessary
- Liaise with 3rd party support companies when logging, tracking and resolving incidents where necessary
- Manage support incidents, problems and changes via the company’s ITSM system and within ITIL guidelines
- Ensure data integrity through regular back-up routine
- Ensure security and upgrades are applied to Head Office hardware and kept up to date
- Assist with the IT departments invoicing and recharging procedures
- Ensure all registers of equipment, software, domains and users are maintained
- Establish and maintain excellent working relationships with Head Office staff, the Franchise Network and IT suppliers
- Assist with development and testing of the company’s bespoke software where required.
What experience/skills are required for this role?
- Worked within an IT support team with escalation procedures
- Managed personal and departmental workloads via an ITSM system
- Administered users and computers via a Windows Server domain environment via management consoles including Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange
- Diagnosing and fixing hardware and software issues including PCs, printers, mobile phones
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to support non-technical customers and explain complex IT concepts in simple terms
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage priorities and work to deadlines
- The ability to troubleshoot a variety of IT-related issues and resolve user issues
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Formal IT training such as MCSE, MCP or the equivalent
- Awareness of ITIL practices and processes
- Basic understanding of the software development cycle, working with and supporting bespoke web applications administering a network infrastructure (including switches, routers and port patching).