Sofy Robertson | Jan 10, 2019 | 0
Title: IT 1st Line Tech Support
Salary: £18,250 (pro rata) + enhanced package
We are looking for 1st Line Tech Support Advisors for our client, who is a leader in the communications industry. You will be working from their Exeter office and be a key player in not only delivery technical support to your customers, but also 1st class customer service.
It is a 6 month fixed term contract role where you will work core hours covering from 8.00am – 8.00pm on a shift basis.
What will your role as 1st Line Tech Support involve?
- In conjunction with the customer, service provider(s), and colleagues, undertake detailed diagnostic and troubleshooting routines
- Own incidents to resolution or, where unable to resolve, escalate to the correct senior team
- Provide exceptional customer service through proactive management of customer faults within Service Level Agreements
- Ensure all ticket queues are managed in line with quantitative and qualitative objectives of providing exceptional customer service through Technical Support
- Adhere to all appropriate processes and procedures e.g. Incident Management, Complaints Management.
You will ideally have
- Previous customer service in an IT/ tech environment
- Comprehensive understanding of the Internet and related protocols: TCP/IP, WAN Switching, VPN, DSL topology
- Good understanding of Computer Operating Systems, Computer Networks and Internet Related Software
- Good experience of working in a Unix/Microsoft environment.
- Strong trouble-shooting/diagnostic and analytical skills
- Good standard of Maths & English
- Formal training/qualification in Data Networks and/or Cisco Systems