GROW IN THE KITCHEN: IN PARTNERSHIP WITH JEAN-CHRISTOPHE NOVELLI
Written by Joff Alexander-Frye
I absolutely LOVE roast dinners. Growing up, we were never the sort of family who had them regularly; in fact, usually just a few times a year, with Christmas being the main attraction.
As with many men, I will argue to the back teeth that my Mum’s cooking is the best in the world, particularly her roasts and, particularly, her roast potatoes.
So, this month, in continued partnership with famous chef Jean Christophe Novelli, as you start to devise your own cuisine, I thought it might be nice to see what he does with his roasties.
Roasted Potatoes with Smoked Paprika, Provençale Herbs
Cooking Time: 60 minutes
- 3kg floury potatoes like Desiree
- 100 ml Flora buttery
- 50g Coarse semolina
- 1 Stem fresh rosemary and thyme
- 4-5 Cloves of garlic
- 1 Tsp Smoked Paprika
- Maldon Sea salt and cracked black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 200°c mark 6.
2. Peel the potatoes and cut them in half lengthways. This will maximize their crispness when finished.
3. Place then into a large pan or boiling water, bring back to the boil for 5 minutes.
4. Drain and place into a large bowl.
5. Season with the flora, salt, pepper, rosemary, thyme, garlic, semolina and smoked paprika.
6. Cover with a lid and shake to totally combine.
7. These can now be roasted or refrigerated and used later or even the next day.
8. Heat a roasting tray or pan and add the potatoes. Ensure that they are evenly coated and not piled in the pan or you won’t achieve all round crisp finish.
9. Roast for 45 minutes to an hour, turning once before serving.
For £5 OFF your first order using code GROW visit Veg in a Box website for fresh vegetables and other local produce delivered right to your door