Countdown To Venturefest South West
As the countdown to Venturefest South West 2019 on 17th June continues, we’ve got the latest from the organisers on what you can expect when the day comes.
Here are just a few highlights we’re looking forward to at the single biggest knowledge exchange between tech investors, innovators and academics in the region this year. For anyone who hasn’t yet booked their place tickets are available here. Tickets for the event are £40 (plus VAT) and include all panels and workshops, Innovation Showcase exhibition and general exhibition, the Pitchfest finals plus lunch and refreshments.
An impressive line-up of industry leaders will discuss:
- Agritech: Opportunities in farming technology for increasing food production, reducing waste and minimising environmental impact.
- AI and Big Data: Current & future opportunities of Big Data & AI in business.
- Environment: The commercial opportunities resulting from a circular economy for plastics in the south west.
- Marine: A doubling of the Ocean Economy predicted by 2030 and the future opportunities in Offshore Renewable Energy.
- Space: Space exploration opportunities and challenges for South West businesses.
- Creative: Virtual reality and immersive technologies, investing in digital design and manufacture for product development and sustainable design thinking plus start up support for creative industries
- Start-ups and Scale ups: Grant Funding, Angel Funding, Venture Funding and Accelerating Growth for Start-Up and Scale-Up businesses.
- Full line up here.
22 of the region’s high-growth potential tech businesses will be pitching their innovations to investors and influencers at Pitchfest, the live pitching competition. More here.
With 17 workshops to choose from podcasting to manufacturing licences, there is a workshop for all start-ups to get involved with. Workshops are free but you must register in advance. Register here.
Fly over the River Exe estuary without leaving Sandy Park, meet Pepper the healthcare robot who knows how you feel and taste a Devon produced yellow split pea milk. Over 20 cutting-edge technology innovations from South West start-ups and entrepreneurs will be on display in the Innovation Showcase sponsored by Thomas Westcott. Full details here.
The countdown to Venturefest South West is ticking down fast with just twelve days to go so make sure you get your tickets here.