Exeter Based Tech Company in Global Top Ten VR Experiences
A virtual reality simulation developed near Exeter has made a global list of top 10 VR experiences for 2019.
The training simulation was developed for Concawe, a safety advisory board for the European oil refinery industry.
It is designed to train oil refinery plant operators in hazard perception techniques and safety awareness using gaze strategy research from academics at the University of Exeter.
The list of VR experiences was compiled by virtualrealitymarketing.com, one the world’s biggest business directories of VR, AR and 360 video studios.
The team behind the VR training tool are human performance specialists and developers of immersive training simulations, Cineon Training, based in Clyst Honiton.
Company director Toby de Burgh, said:
“We are honoured to have been chosen as one of the top 10 VR Experiences of 2019. This is amazing news for both Cineon and Concawe. It recognises the quality of the VR we develop and the impact we are making in the VR training sector.”
The simulation features alongside work created for global brands BMW, Ford and British Airways.
Mr de Burgh continued.
“Virtualrealitymarketing.com is a great resource for finding VR studios around the world, for reading the latest industry news and seeing the work that studios are creating. For them to highlight our work in their top 10 for 2019 is an honour. For our case studies to be featured alongside work created by studios for big brands such as British Airways, Ford and Adidas, is great. And even better that it has been shortlisted from the work of more than 2,400 companies.”
The top 10 VR Experiences of 2019, compiled by virtualrealitymarketing.com, are:
- BMW Drive Tour Virtual Experience – Zerolight
- Bell Nexus – Sector 5 Digital
- Drop in the Ocean – Vision 3
- VR Boeing 737 Next Gen Thrust Reverser – Inlusion
- Ford: The Psychology of Performance – Unit9
- British Airways Club Suite VR – Neutral Digital
- Under Armour Brand House Virtual Tour – Next Now
- Sabal Development: VR Experience – Spine
- Concawe – Environmental Science for European Refining – Cineon Training
- Intercelluar – An Interbody VR Experience – Random42
To read the article visit https://bit.ly/2tDhk6s