5 Reasons Why You Should Book Your Xmas Party at The Five Bells This Year…
December marks a year since new owners James and Charlotte Garnham took the helm of this beautiful and well-known country pub. Those of you in the trade will know that taking over an establishment in December is a very daunting experience; there was no time to spend on little details or understanding what’s best for the customers.
Nonetheless they had a cracking first month in their business, followed by two seasons of growth. Now it’s September, James and Charlotte have had the time to work on their 2018 Christmas menu with their head chef, Liam Murray, who they hired to lead their growing kitchen team back in March.
Here’s five reasons to book your Christmas party at The Five Bells this year:
1) In keeping with the business’s current ethos, the menu will be prepared with beautiful produce sourced from independently owned businesses in Devon. In some cases, the produce will come directly from the pub’s garden, or foraged in the nearby hedgerows and forest.
2) Liam has taken the classic Christmas menu and put his own spin on it; it’s very hard to make a Christmas menu new and original but this menu will give you a hard time making your food choices!
3) The atmosphere of the pub is not one that can be replicated easily; the 18th century thatched farmhouse has a cosy interior thanks to two wood burners and low, original beams.
4) James’ 15 years’ in the industry means he has a wealth of experience in organising Christmas parties, making the whole booking process easy and stress free and leaving you to focus on enjoying your party and having a great time.
5) The Five Bells is a great location in the heart of the East Devon countryside, easily accessible from Honiton, Cullompton, Tiverton and Exeter with a large car park.
You can view this year’s Christmas menu below and book your table with James by calling 01884 277288.
For terms and conditions, please visit the website at: www.fivebells.uk.com/christmas
Available from 23rd November to 31st December
Lunch 2 Courses £26 3 Courses £30
Dinner 2 Courses £28* 3 Courses £35*
*(Includes Nibbles, Coffee, Petit Fours and Mince Pies)
Jerusalem Artichoke Velouté
Crispy Quail’s Egg & Garden Herbs
Pig’s Head Terrine
Cured Loch Duart Salmon
Blood Orange, Fennel & Lump Fish Caviar
Goose Liver Parfait
Fig & Sloe Gin Compôte, Sourdough Toast
Free Range Turkey Ballotine
Chestnut & Sage Stuffing, Traditional Trimmings
Slow-Cooked Beef Short Rib
Smoked Bacon, Roasted Onion & Peppered Swede
Celeriac, Beenleigh Blue Cheese & Shallot Pithivier
Frissé & Apple Salad
Girole Mushrooms, Confit Potatoes & Fresh Truffle
Tonka Bean Panna Cotta
Sloe Gin & Rosemary Jelly
Hazelnut Praline Chocolate Pot
Brandy Butter & Brandy Snaps
Caramelised Clementine “Pavlova”