PHONE FEAR: Fail to Succeed
Here is an interesting observation of human behaviour – we learn more when things are going badly than when they are going well.
Just like when Thomas A. Edison invented the lightbulb, “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” Each ‘failure’ was an opportunity to find a new way to make it work.
Sales call reluctance or even phone fear often manifests from a fear of failure to convert that call into a sale or a fear of being rejected, that thought leads to that negative feeling followed by strategies to avoid making that call altogether.
Failure is the gateway to success
- When you were learning to walk you didn’t say, I won’t bother with that, I’ll just crawl around on the floor for the rest of my life. No, you got up and tried again and again and again
- We learn to walk by failing to walk
- I learned to write this by failing lots of drafts…
- We learn to sell by failing to sell.
What you can do
- Seek out MORE opportunities to have those conversations that will give you the chance to FAIL and each time you fail you will learn and grow and create more sales
- The no’s you get today will be the yes’ of tomorrow
Much of my inspiration for this article has come from listening to first hand experiences and from my mentor Steve Chandler, Master Success Coach and Public Speaker.
For more information visit Hypno4Swans at www.hypno4swans.com